Friday 14 September 2012

Skin care for expecting mothers






As a full time working mom, known as FTWM time has always been an issue. For those working mummies out there I am sure you know the predicament of us mummies on the go. There have been months were I have gone without a night cream , a scrub, let alone a face mask but I do try to squeeze in some repair sessions for my pitiful bashed up skin.  My skin type is both combination of normal and oily hence I have these little white heads under my skin especially the jaw area. During my pregnancy on the contrary I was blessed with  glowing skin which came to me as a surprise. 

Skin care selection is as important as your selection of a obgyn  I must say...at least for me. i have tried various brands from off the shelves to salon brands. Some of them were just a waste of money and some even made my skin worst. Most of all I hated all the sales talk to make me sign up facial courses in thousand of ringgits, so the quest for the ideal skincare continues.

The I talked to a friend who has been a Clarins user for a period of time and was using it for her wedding  preparation.  Her skin  did radiate and  she had a beautiful glow on her big.  Back to my skincare quest, so I headed to a Clarins outlet to see what is in store for me. To find the right skin care that is safe  for expecting mothers was one of the main reason why I was quite adamant to change my skincare range.  I was using a range of French products from BodyPerfect but did not find any good in it, as you can see I can't even remember the name.  One of the reason why I was unhappy with Body Perfect is because they did not have a proper support information for expecting mothers. All  explanations are based on what trainers tell their sales personnel. There is no literature to support their claims and no educational information on how mothers can upkeep their beauty regime without harming that little growing human in them.


I must say that I was happy with the service at Clarins and how they promoted good diet and health maintenance for mothers. They also have  a special facial programme for expecting mothers and even new mothers. There are also a number of literature on pregnancy and how Clarins products go hand in hand with this beautiful journey. My first few products that I bought from Clarins was their treatment oil. Many mothers have raved about Clarins Body Treatment Oil. I used it during my pregnancy and there is not a single stretch mark on my belly, but I must warn that stretch marks are hereditary and no amount of oil or lotion is going to help if you are bound to have them but prevention is certainly a better shot than just taking your fate hands down. Just to note that  Clarins toning oil best sellers for pregnant mothers all around the world. For me I just love the beautiful scent and texture that this oil provides me before before a warm shower. Best to massage it in 1 hour before you step into the shower.


I then moved on to other products like cleansers, scrubs, toner, masks and other treatment serum to help boost my skincare regime.  Discipline is ultimately crucial for you to see results. I am guilty of not keeping to that rule but I must say on the weeks and months where my spirits are high, I do see a huge difference in skin quality compared to the times where I just hit the pillows sans products. If my skin could protest it will be BERSIH 5! The only person that is really happy about no skin care on is my husband, he just labels everything as harmful chemical can't expect much from a person who washes his face with only plain water. 

Since being a Clarins user, I have been stocking up products especially on my birthday month so that I can earn double cash rebate points, Oh did I tell you about this wonderful system that gives you some money back for purchasing their products, well Clarins rewards their customers through a cash rebate system, for every ringgit  spent 10 point is earned I spent about RM1000  during my birthday month and earned RM300 in rebate cash point which I find very reasonable, any better you will have to resort to MLM products.


Since my skin is pretty oily with open pores, I find the Truly Matte Pore Minimising Serum to be really effective in regulating sebum level and leaving your skin looking matt and clean. I have at least 2 bottle of this in my drawers in fear of running out and not having the time to buy.  Throughout my pregnancy I have used Clarins, even my Obgy gave me a thumbs up, which is good because all expecting mothers should have a peace of mind and confidence in their choice of skin care during those delicate months, however I stopped using the pore minimising serum while I was pregnant because it contains salicylic acid, Clarins told me to listen to my Obgy and was not pushy at all in defending their products which I truly appreciate, other than that all products were used in great confidence. I also attended a workshop by Clarins for expecting mummies, Yes that's how concerned they are about mother's confidence in their products.

So for mummies out there, expecting or not and is on a quest for good skin care for you and your little one perhaps you can give Clarins a go.

Happy trying






No comments:

Post a Comment